RSD Outreach awareness

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

RSD Outreach awareness
RSD Outreach awareness
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Waiting On Ketamine....By Cobichobee

Go down

Waiting On Ketamine....By Cobichobee Empty Waiting On Ketamine....By Cobichobee

Post  byrd45 Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:04 am

From: cobichobee (Original Message) Sent: 10/6/2006 12:33 PM
I developed RSD about three years ago after I had knee surgery to correct dislocating kneecaps. It started around the surgical site, but quickly spread throughout my left leg. Treatments were able to keep me functioning, though the pain was a constant reminder of the RSD .Suddenly, it spread to my right leg (where it is now worst) then quickly into my feet, hips, and lower back. It stayed there for awhile and different doctors tried everything, but nothing worked. Now its in my arms, hands, and chest, too, and every doctor I've seen ahs said that there's nothing he/she can do. So I am trying to raise money for ketamine infusion. Dr. Schwatzman and Gulevski in Philadelphia ssaid I'm a perfect candidate, especially because I'm young.

First Previous 2-3 of 3 Next Last Delete Replies

Recommend Delete Message 2 of 3 in Discussion

At one point, I had considered that as an option. After consulting w/my pain management docs, I found that ketamine is related to the neurontin family of meds and body has an intolerance to the medication. As of now, I am in the process of looking at other alternative medicine options. However, the ketamine may be the answer for you and I wish the best.

Recommend Delete Message 3 of 3 in Discussion

Hi cobichobee,
I hope that you are able to raise the money real soon. I also go to Swartzmann and they are going to give me Ketamine the next time I go in for a treatment. Ketamine is really helping people although it isn't a cure it has been giving people total pain relief or made their pain levels very low and kept it there for some over a year. I am so hopeful for you. The younger you are the easier time your body has to heal. I am going to keep praying that you will be able to get this treatment too. After I have it if you have any questions about the procedure I would be happy to help. I'll keep my fingers crossed that everything goes well for both of us.
Love,
Robyn
byrd45
byrd45
Admin

https://rsdoutreach.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down