RSD Outreach awareness

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

RSD Outreach awareness
RSD Outreach awareness
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This Is My Story.......By Jeanann

Go down

This Is My Story.......By Jeanann Empty This Is My Story.......By Jeanann

Post  byrd45 Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:09 am

Prev Discussion Next Discussion Delete

Recommend Delete Message 1 of 6 in Discussion

From: Hammy_Gal89 (Original Message) Sent: 5/13/2006 7:14 PM
Thanks for letting me join the group.

I am 17 and I have had RSD since May 4, 2004. What happened was I fell and twisted my ankle while I was playing street hockey. I have it now in both my hips, knees, ankles, feet, and both shoulders. I was wondering if maybe anyone knows if there is any teen groups I can join in addition to this. I would like to talk to as many people who know the pain.

Signed,
Jeanann

First Previous 2-6 of 6 Next Last Delete Replies

Recommend Delete Message 2 of 6 in Discussion

Hi Jeanann,
It is great to have you here with us! I hope you like being a member and so sorry to hear how you got RSD. I used to love to play hockey as a kid and when I think how many times I twisted my ankles it just goes to show you how you just never know how things can go. I got RSD from being thrown against a stone wall in 2001 and like you mine has spread since then too. If you have any questions or just need to talk we are all in the same boat here and everyone is real understanding. I hope you enjoy being a member and welcome! If you want to join a teen group as well I am pretty sure that RSD Hope has a teen group I can't think of the name of it but if you go to that website I bet you could find out about it. Well great to have you here and see you on the boards!
Love,
Robyn

Recommend Delete Message 3 of 6 in Discussion

Jeanann,
I am 18 and I developed RSD after knee surgery about three years ago. It has now spread to both arms, both legs, my back, and my chest. I am always looking for teen groups for RSD, too. If you have found any, please let me know. I hope you are doing well today!
Lindsay

Recommend Delete Message 4 of 6 in Discussion

Hi Lindsay and Jeanann,

I just wanted to let you know that there are a couple of teen RSD groups on MySpace. My daughter (20 years old) has had RSD for 3 years so I've been looking for someplace for her.

Liz

Recommend Delete Message 5 of 6 in Discussion

I am not sure but i think there might be one on rsd hope. soft hugs diana

Recommend Delete Message 6 of 6 in Discussion

Hi Liz,Jeanann,&Lindsay,
Here is a thought that I have been thinking about for some time branching out and having a separate teen group just for teens. I would oversee it but I would need several assistant managers for it's day to day maintenance. It is something I've been wanting to put together and I know their is a definite need for it. Liz would you be willing to help out with something like this and I would need help from any of the kids that would like to pitch in too. If this sounds like something you would like to see happen let me know. The group would be on the same premise a laid back calm place to go to talk with friends going through what you are. I was thinking they could have have different boards that would be more of interest to teens like a hip hop Board or whatever music they are into, a general board for day to day just like we do.A medical board only if they want it,and I'm sure they will come up with other boards too. I want the members to be a big part in this group so that it can be a place they will enjoy just like ours is to us. One big rule though no cursing because it is a family site if you feel you need to make a point you can do it like %&*# or sh-t you get the idea. I 'm not blind enough to believe that teens don't curse most do so do alot of adults but that is a solid rule with MSN. Anyway you could tell me what you want and I would decorate the site just for you or if anyone is able to do web page design I will make you part of the assistant management team. Well there is my idea and I would love to see it become reality. It is so important that you have a place to go that you feel comfortable that you can relax and feel good about I want to help that to happen. Anyone interested in being involved in this in any way please post here or email me anytime at earlibyrd@msn.com Thanks I look forward to hearing from all of you!
Love,
Robyn
byrd45
byrd45
Admin

https://rsdoutreach.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down