RSD Outreach awareness

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

RSD Outreach awareness
RSD Outreach awareness
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RSD and Lidocaine Treatments

Go down

RSD and Lidocaine Treatments Empty RSD and Lidocaine Treatments

Post  byrd45 Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:56 pm

Recommend Delete Message 1 of 2 in Discussion

From: <NOBR>byrd45</NOBR> (Original Message) Sent: 7/13/2004 8:23 AM
Hi everybody, Sorry a day late,but have been having trouble posting yesterday. Anyone else having trouble with MSN??? Anyhow, this week I wanted to talk about Lidocaine treatments. I have had two Lidocaine treatments myself and have had significant decrease in pain levels each time. One problem is they are not long term, and in my case only lasted about 3-4 months each time. If you are offered this as a treatment you have to personally decide, but I personally have felt it was worth it for the benefits it does give me. My Lidocaine treatment was done for five days in patient around the clock lidocaine through intraveinous in the arm the first time. This was a big problem for me due to lousy veins. I was lucky if a intraveinous site lasted a day. After all the problems the first time, my doctor suggested a central line for my second visit. The central line is in the entire five day hospital stay and doesn't have to be changed like a regular IV does. It does have to be done in the O.R . but I didn't feel a thing because they numb you. This worked out alot better for me without any complications and there was only two very small scars where they had to cut to put it in. The Lidocaine does make you feel very strange sometimes. I could not stop talking and laughing which isn't to far from my usual self LOL. The doctor starts the Lidocaine at a lower level on the first day slowly raising it until you go home. When I had my treatments done they put me on the cardiac floor and they have you where a heart monitor because they like to monitor your heart to make sure everything is going ok. If you have ever had this kind of treatment yourself please add your experience to this post. I would like to hear your input or questions whether you have had lidocaine treatments or not. I will do my best with any questions. Have a great week and see you next time. Robyn
byrd45
byrd45
Admin

https://rsdoutreach.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down