RSD Outreach awareness

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

RSD Outreach awareness
RSD Outreach awareness
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RSD and Suicidal Thoughts

Go down

RSD and Suicidal Thoughts Empty RSD and Suicidal Thoughts

Post  byrd45 Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:57 pm

Recommend Delete Message 1 of 1 in Discussion

From: <NOBR>byrd45</NOBR> (Original Message) Sent: 4/20/2005 3:48 PM

Hi Everybody,
This week I would like to discuss RSD and suidal thoughts and depression. We have had a weekly discussion about depression before, however there are some things I would like to still discuss. I know that depression can get really bad with RSD. The pain becomes overwhelming and without proper medical treatment it can be a very bad scenario.RSD causes depression and sometimes people who have the disease go untreated and not believed. This is terrible and it happens all the time. I am sure every one of us has been depressed since RSD has entered our lives. What a dramatic life change and with the unending pain it is understandable.The unfortunate thing is that depression frequently leads to suicidal thoughts. I am sure that many of us have been on that road. I know it has entered my mind as well but , I would never act on it.This is nothing to be ashamed of and it is something that needs our attention. Nothing, not the pain, the frustration, life style changes, or endless treatments should convince you to follow these urges if you are having them.Your life is more precious than anything else!I decided to make this the weekly discussion because of a friend from another group who took her own life on Feb 4, 2005. Although some of you here do not know her I hope we can all learn one thing from her death. One life lost to RSD is one to many. We must all fight and help each other. I don't want anyone here to feel alone. Let's support each other and anyone who wants to help raise awareness in their area just let me know.I have alot of great ideas and maybe we can all join together to help get the word out.Getting people to know what RSD is helps alot.That way down the line someone else will not be told by a doctor they don't understand why you are in pain etc.Anyway, if you ever feel you are in crisis and are going to hurt yourself, because of the pain or depression please call 911. If you feel you can trust yourself with company. Get on the phone and get someone to spend the night or spend it at their house. If you are having suicidal feelings or are depressed please start seeing a counselor. Find one you can relate to and there is no shame in doing so. It take a very strong person to ask for help when they know they need to.I have added a crisis board and if anyone is feeling sad and needs to vent please use it. Chances are, after you are done posting you will feel a tiny bit better. Do little things to keep your mind busy, so you aren't dwelling on being unhappy.Crafts,movies(comedy is best),music,talk to a friend,go out to eat,or anything that makes you feel happy. I know it still hurts physically and mentally, but at least you are trying.If you have any opinions on RSD/chronic pain and depression please add them to this post. As always I look forward to hearing your views on this.I know how people are usually uncomfortable talking about depression. I hope that this doesn't upset everyone too much,but I think it is very important for all of us to understand what we are dealing with.
Robyn
byrd45
byrd45
Admin

https://rsdoutreach.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum