RSD Outreach awareness

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

RSD Outreach awareness
RSD Outreach awareness
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RSD and Our Pets

Go down

RSD and Our Pets Empty continued......

Post  byrd45 Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:23 pm

Recommend Delete Message 14 of 15 in Discussion

Well, I would have to say that my big fat cat Mr. Brandon is my source of strength. He is 5 years old. He has been like my brother and friend throughout this rough time.

Recommend Delete Message 15 of 15 in Discussion

Hi Cybercrescent,
They just really do understand don't they. I don't know what I would do without my little buddies. Not only are they sweet and comforting they help force me to take care of them which keeps me more mobile then I would be without them. I am so glad you have Mr. Brandon! What kind of kitty is he? I love fat cats my friend has one and he is so adorable. He is so big he takes up your whole lap and then some and loves to cuddle. My kitty,Tigger has a slight paunch but that is it.Anyhow I hope you had a nice weekend and have a great day!
Love,
Robyn

Recommend Delete Message 4 of 6 in Discussion

to whoever it was that was interested in the pacific parolet, i had one, if u are afraid of birds then i wouldnt recomend one, i was afraid of the big birds too, so i got a pac, par. i hated it, it was more vicious than any of the big birds, it left me bloody every time i even tried to clean its cage. it screamed all the time, my husband accidently burnt a teflon pan after id had this bird for 4 yrs, it died, i was broken hearted. i thought i hated the bird but after he was gone i realized i really loved him, i thought he hated me, but now i think that was just our way of relating, sometimes he would kiss me on the end of the nose and give off such a cute little noise almost like the purring of a cat. his name was peanut. i miss him to this day and that was over a yr ago. the only other bird i ever had was a parakeet as a kid. i raised temple doves for yrs but they were outside. anyway, dont think just because they are little they cant bite. but if i could have my peanut back today i would be so happy. hope i didnt offend any parrot owners. that is just my opinion on the little things, but i really did love him and if you get one i think they mite not scream so much if there were 2. i was wondering if anyone else had this kind of relationship with this breed of bird or if it was just me, one thing i do know is my peanut loved me and i loved him. but not like most pple are with there birds, it was a disfunctional relationship, but thaat is the only kind of relatihionship im capable of having anyway, good luck and enjoy your little fella if ya get one, and throw away!!!!!!!every teflon pan in your home, julie

Recommend Delete Message 5 of 6 in Discussion

Hey there Julie I used to breed parrotlets but I got tired of going in the bird room and finding a bloody mess and one being dead if not the babies . They are vicious little suckers .I breed lovebirds,african greys and senegals and would never recommend a parrotlet as a first bird .As a first bird I recommend a cockatiel
hugs
glenda

Recommend Delete Message 6 of 6 in Discussion

glendapullum wrote:

>Spam detection software, running on the system "www0.hostpc.com", has
>identified this incoming email as possible spam. The original message
>has been attached to this so you can view it (if it isn't spam) or label
>similar future email. If you have any questions, see
>the administrator of that system for details.
>
>Content preview: We attempted to deliver this message to you with HTML
> formatting. However, your e-mail program does not support HTML-enhanced
> messages. Please go to your E-mail Settings for this group and change
> your E-mail Preference to "Text only".
> http://groups.msn.com/RSDOutreach/_emailsettings.msnw [...]
>
>Content analysis details: (2.7 points, 2.5 required)
>
> pts rule name description
>---- ---------------------- --------------------------------------------------
> 0.4 MAILTO_TO_REMOVE URI: Includes a 'remove' email address
>-2.6 BAYES_00 BODY: Bayesian spam probability is 0 to 1%
> [score: 0.0000]
> 0.0 HTML_MESSAGE BODY: HTML included in message
> 0.2 HTML_FONT_FACE_BAD BODY: HTML font face is not a word
> 1.6 RCVD_IN_BL_SPAMCOP_NET RBL: Received via a relay in bl.spamcop.net
> [Blocked - see <http://www.spamcop.net/bl.shtml?65.54.195.216>]
> 3.2 REPTO_QUOTE_MSN MSN doesn't do quoting like this
>
>The original message was not completely plain text, and may be unsafe to
>open with some email clients; in particular, it may contain a virus,
>or confirm that your address can receive spam. If you wish to view
>it, it may be safer to save it to a file and open it with an editor.
>
>
>
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Subject:
> Re: RSD and Our Pets
> From:
> "glendapullum" <glendapullum210@msn.com>
> Date:
> Thu, 7 Sep 2006 18:11:55 -0700
> To:
> "RSD Outreach" <RSDOutreach@groups.msn.com>
>
> To:
> "RSD Outreach" <RSDOutreach@groups.msn.com>
>
>
> New Message on RSD Outreach <http://groups.msn.com/RSDOutreach>
>
>
> * RSD and Our Pets *
> <http://groups.msn.com/RSDOutreach/_notifications.msnw?type=msg&action=showdiscussion&parent=13&item=2706>
>
> *Reply*
> <mailto:RSDOutreach@groups.msn.com?subject=Re%3A%20RSD%20and%20Our%20Pets>
>
> *Reply to Sender*
> <mailto:glendapullum210@msn.com?subject=Re%3A%20RSD%20and%20Our%20Pets>
> *Recommend*
> <http://groups.msn.com/RSDOutreach/_notifications.msnw?type=msg&action=recommend&parent=13&item=5628>
> Message 5 in Discussion
>
> From: glendapullum
> <http://groups.msn.com/RSDOutreach/profile?user=glendapullum%E2%9C%93>
>
>
> Hey there Julie I used to breed parrotlets but I got tired of
> going in the bird room and finding a bloody mess and one being
> dead if not the babies . They are vicious little suckers .I breed
> lovebirds,african greys and senegals and would never recommend a
> parrotlet as a first bird .As a first bird I recommend a cockatiel
> hugs
> glenda
>
>
> View other groups in this category.
> <http://groups.msn.com/Browse?CatId=102>
>
>
> *Also on MSN:*
> Start Chatting <http://g.msn.com/2GRENUS/2_8085_01> | Listen to
> Music <http://g.msn.com/2GRENUS/2_8085_02> | House & Home
> <http://g.msn.com/2GRENUS/2_8085_03> | Try Online Dating
> <http://g.msn.com/2GRENUS/2_8085_04> | Daily Horoscopes
> <http://g.msn.com/2GRENUS/2_8085_05>
>
>
> To stop getting this e-mail, or change how often it arrives, go to
> your E-mail Settings
> <http://groups.msn.com/RSDOutreach/_emailsettings.msnw>.
>
> Need help? If you've forgotten your password, please go to
> Passport Member Services
> <http://groups.msn.com/_passportredir.msnw?ppmprop=help>.
> For other questions or feedback, go to our Contact Us
> <http://groups.msn.com/contact> page.
>
> If you do not want to receive future e-mail from this MSN group,
> or if you received this message by mistake, please click the
> "Remove" link below. On the pre-addressed e-mail message that
> opens, simply click "Send". Your e-mail address will be deleted
> from this group's mailing list.
> Remove my e-mail address from RSD Outreach.
> <mailto:RSDOutreach-remove@groups.msn.com>
>
>------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.
>Checked by AVG Free Edition.
>Version: 7.1.405 / Virus Database: 268.10.10/419 - Release Date: 8/15/2006
>
>
Hi guys!

We have a gorgeous dog, a lab/beagle mix. She's defiitely our baby. We
had a cockatiel. Personally, we had a really hard time with it. It
screeched all the time. We were going through some financial troubles at
the time, plus it was just when my RSD started and I was in pain and not
a happy camper all the time either, so we were frustrated a lot, so
maybe that made a difference. We didn't scream at each other at all, but
there was just tension around all the time, so when the bird started
yelling we screamed back at it just as a natural reaction. So I
definitely wouldn't recommend a cockatiel myself unless you're very
educated about them. Although, as I said, it could've been us. We
finally couldn't take it anymore and we sold it.

If you're talking about pets in general though, with RSD. I HIGHLY
recommend them. PC (our dog, can you tell what my husband does for a
living??!!) is positively the best thing that ever happened to us. She's
the most gentle, sweetest, calmest dog you can imagine, and she's REALLY
affectionate. I don't know what I'd do without her.

Just thought I'd throw that in. Hope you're all having smiling and low
pain level days!
Love,
Therese
byrd45
byrd45
Admin

https://rsdoutreach.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

RSD and Our Pets Empty RSD and Our Pets

Post  byrd45 Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:22 pm

Recommend Delete Message 1 of 6 in Discussion

Recommend Delete Message 1 of 15 in Discussion

From: <NOBR>byrd45</NOBR> (Original Message) Sent: 6/1/2005 9:35 AM
Hi Everybody,
I thought this week we could talk about RSD and our pets. I personally have a cat named Tigger, a guinea pig named Lucky, and fish. I wanted to talk about this because I really think that having a pet is a great for anyone in chronic pain. They are so understanding and truly are a comfort. Alot of people might shy away from having to take care of a pet but the best part of that is you can choose a pet that fits your lifestyle and abilities.Lucky is a great little buddy! He is soft and sweet and loves to sit with you and snuggle. I feed him and take care of him and yes spoil him to death! My kitty Tigger is my best buddy. He gets mad at me when I go outside without him and cries at the window the whole time. He snubs me everytime I come home from a hospital visit. At least for a little while, until he realizes I am settled in and staying. Then he is all over me sniffing me and rubbing up against my leg. When I am at my worst my kitty comes in and lays right next to me and petting him does make me feel a little better. Plus when he runs out I get mad but it forces me to walk and go get him lol that is a negative or positive I guess it depends how you look at it.He is so cute and does funny things that make me laugh!Laughter is great for us it really does help with the pain. He gives me something else to distract myself with and best of all to love. Our fish tank is beautiful to look at and it really does relax you if you sit and stare at it! I think that is why alot of medical offices have them,because it is soothing.Anyway, I know my pets are a great addition to my life and I am lucky to have them.When the rest of the population is getting you down your pet understands and loves you unconditionally.Do you have a pet that helps you get past the pain? I would love to hear about it. Just add on to this post with any comments or experiences.
Robyn

First Previous 2-6 of 6 Next Last Delete Replies

Recommend Delete Message 2 of 6 in Discussion

Recommend Delete Message 2 of 15 in Discussion

Oh boy Robyn you shouldn't have mentioned pets LOL Some of you may already know I raise parrots for a hobby and a little extra spending money hehe. Its really neat to lay in bed in the morns starting at sunrise my guys will go into talking mode .
Some of the things that they say are hi mom , love you mom ,you be nice,give me a kiss,wheres breakfast ,they all ring like the phone and when one rings the other says hello and then they actually have a coonversation .Now you have to realize that there are several species of parrots doing all of this . A green wing macaw,3 african greys, a doubleyellow head amazon ,3 derbyan parakeets,a hahns macaw and 2 senegals. Each one has their own unique voice but they all talk like me so its really cool to try and figure out whos saying what .Now if all that doesn't put a smile on your face I don't know what will .
I also have 3 chihuahuas and a min pin who when they think its time to get up all come and lick me in the face .The dogs will also lay with me on a very high pain day its like they know I'm hurting. .I also have 3 kitties and 2 chinchillas so lots of pets here lol
The birds and the dogs are what helps me keep functioning during the day cause I know they depend on me for food ,water ,treats and lots of love .I also think that the bird know when I'm having a bad day cause they are usually quieter than normal .
So I really do believe in pet therapy I usually take the birds to a nursing home once a month ,the older people really get a kick out of them and the guys like to show off a little to .
hugs
glenda

Recommend Delete Message 3 of 15 in Discussion

Cool!!!! It must always be interesting at your house!
I loved reading about your pets...They sound so cute and fun. My guinea pig and cat both lick you in the face I think they think they are dogs. My husband laughs and says remind me not to kiss you later unless you wash your face. They are so funny. That is so funny that your birds ring like the telephone. I laughed so hard when I read that!
Love,
Robyn

Recommend Delete Message 4 of 15 in Discussion

From: <NOBR>countrygalinpain</NOBR> Sent: 6/1/2005 5:23 PM
Hi Ya'll,
How have ya been? Doin ok this way. I have two dogs.
A rottweiler named Thunder and a wolf named Dioni.
Dioni is getting ready to have a litter of pups. I bathed
her and brought her in Monday. She is sooo beautiful and
sooo fat. She is due either this week or next and I can't
wait. I am so excited. This will be my first time having a
pregnant dog. Thunder is also georgous. He is about 120 lbs.
and a loving yet protective man. He don't like Dioni being
inside and not him. He's very jealous, you see. I hope I can
get some pictures to ya'll soon.

Love,
Christy

Recommend Delete Message 5 of 15 in Discussion

Hi Robyn and all, I have a 12# poodle gia and a yellow male canary? My gia will go where ever I do and be upset if she can't . When I have had surgery etc and at time required extened periods of bed rest she will just stay right with me the entire time. A morning, noon , and night potty and two meals is all she asks for in return. Having her cuddled up to my back just reminds me that I am never alone. My cannary is a beautiful singer, he loves to sing to music, the vacume cleaner, and really digs the blow dryer. Hey Glenda you sound like you might know a lot about birds. I have a question you may know the answer to. I keep my little mr. mcrobinson in a large cage. Most people say he is in a mansion compared to how most are kept, ok heres the real question, can a parakeet be put into the same cage as the canary? My girlfriend has a couple of parrots and they also ring like the phone, the pager, and the doorbell. they talk like crazy and are very funny. They actually have a vocabulary. ok enough bird talk, oh yeah my cannary can raise my spirts with his beautiful song however he drives my son in law crazy. lol have a good evening, kathy

Recommend Delete Message 6 of 15 in Discussion

Hi Christy,
That is so exciting! Puppies are so cute! Do you help deliver them,or does the vet? I would love to see pictures of them if you want to post them! Good luck with the delivery and all!
Love,
Robyn

Recommend Delete Message 7 of 15 in Discussion

Hi Kathy,
Your pets both sound so sweet. They really are a comfort that is how I feel too.That is funny your canary likes the vacuum and the blowdryer. My kitty runs wild and the guinea pig hides in his house terrified until it is turned off. Great hearing about your little buddies! Talk to you soon.
Love,
Robyn

Recommend Delete Message 8 of 15 in Discussion

Hey Robyn,

Personally, I do not own a pet what I have is a baby. She is 5 now and when we got her she fit into my husband shirt pocket. She is gentle and kind and warm and loving and no matter what she is always there for a warm snuggle and a kiss or two.
My Bobby, brought this baby to me after I had been confirned to the wheelchair and was very lonely and depressed and Bobby thought I needed a friend.
Sharon Pertunia, lovinly called Tuna now as my grandbaby could not at the time say her name Petunia and so we dropped the name and she became Tuna. Anyway she is a baby face Yorkie black and gold.
She somehow always knows where I hurt and gently applies lovinly tongue kisses to the spot if she can reach it. She lays on my tummy when I am laying down on the couch and cuddles me. She just seeems to known what I need and where I hurt.
My entire family is very much a part of her life. She can be found in anyone's bed early in the mornings cuddling , and if she can she will wiggle under the covers. When we travel she rides in the car sitting on my neck looking out and enjoying herself.
Somehow, we seem to live her life now and have not one of our own. She is our baby, spoilt and loving. I would not know what i would ever do without her in my life. thank you for allowing me to tell you about my baby. You all have a great pain free day and a much better tomorrow.
Rose

Recommend Delete Message 3 of 6 in Discussion

Recommend Delete Message 9 of 15 in Discussion

Hi Rose,
My kitty Tigger is the baby of the family too! He is so spoiled and I hope he lives a very long life because I couldn't imagine life without him. He is two and has such a great personality.I am so glad you have your baby to love. I really enjoyed reading your post and Tuna is such a cute name.
Love,
Robyn

Recommend Delete Message 10 of 15 in Discussion

Kathy
My guys go crazy when I vacum they dive into their water dishes and splash water everywhere .Its just to funny .I had canaries at one time but gave them to a friends blind grandmother she loves to hear them sing .My friend goes over every day and feeds/waters them plus cleans the cage .I wouldn't put a canary with a parakeet due to the aggression from the parakeet
hugs
glenda

Recommend Delete Message 11 of 15 in Discussion

Glenda, thanks for your advise, I was not sure and did not want to start something I was not prepared to deal with. I know if I give him a female he could very well stop singing, I have been told that is why they sing is looking for a female so if he got a partner he may not feel the need to sing anymore. I wish I had the courage to have parrots like you and my girlfriend do, they are so much fun, however I am afraid to death of them. lol I cant get beyond it; and I have seen the bites hers have left her with on occasion and that really does me in. I had finches for a long time even was succesful at hatching and keeping a few babies alive, they lived for several years. That was fun but those doggon things just lay eggs galore , dont they? They made me feel guilty as heck if I took their little eggs away from them, so I gave up. I have looked a little bit about a parrtolet(sp) do you know anything about these little creatures? Ok enough already I know! thanks and look forward to talking to you again soon, kathy

Recommend Delete Message 12 of 15 in Discussion

Kathy
Funny you asked about the parrotlets not to many people know about them I have 5 breeder pairs of them ,they are a miniture amazons and think they can take on the world hehe .They have the ability to talk (I have 1 male that is a great talker )and make great pets and they don't get real loud ,some people call them pocket parrots .Ya see get me started on birds and I won't shut up LOL. If you are thinking of one I would get a pacific .Don't know where your located but I might be able to find a breeder in your area .I believe its best to buy from a local breeder than a pet shop that way you know how they are handled and most breeders will work with you and let you know if ya ever have questions or concerns you can contact them .Prices will also vary on your location breeders are usually cheaper than pet shops .
hugs
glenda

Recommend Delete Message 13 of 15 in Discussion

Hi Glenda, I live in Elgin Illinois. I figured they were difficult to find. Can they be kept as a single or do they need to be paired? About how big are they , compared to say a finch, canary etc. I had heard that they can be taught to talk, sounds like it can be an iffy thing huh? It sounds like a bird I could deal with and not be afraid of like the big guys huh. If you have any info on a breeder or care etc let me know. I take it that there is more than on breed since you say to get a pacific. Do they variy in color or are they all the same and what color is that. Glad you like to talk about birds, cause I sure have a lot of questions huh? If this becomes a serious venture maybe we can schedule a chat so you can advise me, and educate me. thanks again this is fun sharing a common interest other than RSD huh? Hope your weekend is going well, talk to you soon, fondly kathy
byrd45
byrd45
Admin

https://rsdoutreach.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum