RSD Outreach awareness

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

RSD Outreach awareness
RSD Outreach awareness
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FWD:RSDHope-Medicine might prove helpful for RSD patients

Go down

FWD:RSDHope-Medicine might prove helpful for RSD patients Empty FWD:RSDHope-Medicine might prove helpful for RSD patients

Post  byrd45 Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:39 am

RSD In the News :
Choose another message board
Prev Discussion Next Discussion Delete

Recommend Delete Message 1 of 1 in Discussion

NEW MEDICATION BEING TRIED FOR PAIN

There is a medication out there that is being tried for pain control. It is not really a new medication per se, just new as far as not normally used for pain control. Its' normal use is to treat Alzheimer's. it is called Namenda.

http://www.namenda.com/index_nf.aspx

Namenda works by interacting with the NMDA receptor antagonists, something that many drugs that help pain patients seem to have in common. I have talked to a handful of patients who have had this prescribed for them by their Doctors, including myself (well, I didn't talk to myself but you get the idea) and so far, like everything prescribed for RSD patients, the results have been mixed. Some patients report good relief and others none.

I didn't receive much of anything in the way of relief myself. I think after the poor Lyrica results and these results that I am going to just stick with my basic medications for the next six months and my physical therapy and try to get my pain reduced through that and find a new level. I am still trying to re-lose the weight I gained from the lyrica, arghh!
byrd45
byrd45
Admin

https://rsdoutreach.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down