RSD Outreach awareness

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

RSD Outreach awareness
RSD Outreach awareness
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wife of an RSD Sufferer...........Annette's Story

Go down

Wife of an RSD Sufferer...........Annette's Story Empty Wife of an RSD Sufferer...........Annette's Story

Post  byrd45 Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:46 am

Recommend Delete Message 1 of 4 in Discussion

Hi, I am Annette. My husband has RSD. He was diagnosed back in late 99 early 00 while in the Army and as we awaited the birth of our son. Because of his RSD he was forced out of the Army because he couldn't walk long distance,run, jump, march etc. Not that he wanted to be there any way. We moved to sunny florida in 00 and have been struggling to find someone here that actually recognizes it and believes that the pain and problem is real. We have been through so many doctors, most of which say he is a junky looking for pills and that simple physical therapy will work. Finally we found a guy that handles pain management and my husband is at least a little happier. I joined this group to hear about if any major breakthroughs are being made, if anyone in FL knows of a good doc to go to, and mostly to gain support for the times when his pain is so intense that he pulls what I like to call the Jeykl to Hyde transformation. So that's my story.

First Previous 2-4 of 4 Next Last Delete Replies

Recommend Delete Message 2 of 4 in Discussion

Hi Annette,
It is great to have you here! I feel so sorry for everything you and your husband are going through because of the ignorance from doctors who are uninformed! I wish I could say that this is the first time that I am hearing about a person being emotionally tortured because of ignorant doctors that don't know what they are looking at....Unfortunately I have heard so many people going through similiar things and personally have been on the receiving end of some really unfeeling remarks too.It truly is sad that they treat someone like that when all they want is help because they are ill. Well it sure sounds like you both have been through alot. I hope that things start going a little smoother for both of you. Feel free to post about looking for a doctor in Florida on the general board if you feel you want to. One of our members might be able to help you out.We also have a few posts on Our Docs board.If you don't have any luck let me know and I will be happy to put my feelers out for you.
Love,
Robyn

Recommend Delete Message 3 of 4 in Discussion

HELLO, MY NAME IS SUSAN I JUST JOINED THIS GROUP. I READ YOUR STORY AND IN 93 I FOUND OUT THE TORTURE I WAS GOING THROUGH ACTUALLY HAD A NAME AND I WASNT CRAZY! I HAVE FOUND A WEB SITE THAT MIGHT BE OF HELP. VERO BEACH, FL. H. HOOSHMAND, MD. THE NAME OF THE SITE IS RSD PUZZLES AND ITS AT WWW. RSDRX.COM/RSDPUZ4.0 ( LOWER CASE THOUGH!) I WANTED TO GO TO HIM BUT I CANNOT MAKETHAT KIND OF TRIP. HOPE ITS OF HELP TO YOU GOOD LUCK AND LET US KNOW IF HE IS A GOOD DOC!

Recommend Delete Message 4 of 4 in Discussion

Annette,

Welcome to the group. I suffer from RSD as well as we all do. Since I am recently diagnosed following a heart attack. I am new at learning about this but have obtained a lot of information in the process. I have been disabled since 1997 after a car accident so I do understand some of the things you worte about.
I too was and have been and will prob be again accused of drug seeking and it is the worst thing to go thru.
Im so glad you are so very supportive of your husband. That means so much to a suffer of RSD. And I know he sure does appreciate it.
If I can be helpful in any way let me know. I hope your husband has a great pain free day and a better tomorrow.........

Rose
byrd45
byrd45
Admin

https://rsdoutreach.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down