RSD Outreach awareness

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

RSD Outreach awareness
RSD Outreach awareness
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FWD.RSDHope One Woman's Rescue Story

Go down

FWD.RSDHope One Woman's Rescue Story Empty FWD.RSDHope One Woman's Rescue Story

Post  byrd45 Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:20 am

RSD In the News : FWD.RSDHope One Woman's Rescue Story
Choose another message board
Prev Discussion Next Discussion Delete

Recommend Delete Message 1 of 1 in Discussion

ONE WOMAN'S RESCUE STORY

We just heard from one of our friends, Tracey Simmons, who just got back from the disaster area working with the Best Friends Organizations, cited above, where she was volunteering rescuing animals. Here is her story.

----------------------

Hi Keith

Despite my RSD and injured hand, I was able to work with Best Friends Animal Society to help rescue animals in New Orleans. My RSD stayed stable. I had no flair ups despite the stress levels, and lack of sleep. No lidocaine patches or pain meds were needed, just my other meds which are what I call maintenance meds for the RSD. I was in the water with waders getting the dogs and cats left behind.

They are so scared, so hungry, and so thirsty. For every one animal saved there are several thousand waiting or dying.

A photographer got a picture of me making a rescue. It is at http://news.yahoo.com/photo/050911//ids_photos_ts/r2737692750.jpg

(check out this photo folks, you can go there and email it all over the internet, let people know that RSDers ARE MAKING A DIFFERENCE!)

There are two photos. One is up close the other a little further away. You can see my left hand mostly closed, with me holding the dog against me with my left arm. It is my left hand that is most affected by the RSD. I am protecting it.

I was very blessed and thankful that despite all the stress and lack of sleep (only getting 2-4 hours of sleep) that the RSD never flared. I had a purpose and desire to be there to help. I was determined to do all that I could without the RSD creating problems. God helped in that and in so many other ways!!!!

I know that many of these animals are someone's only family. They provide unconditional love, which most humans cannot do. We can learn from the animals and birds just as it says in Job 12 in the Bible.

Later
Tracey in Indiana

-------------------------------------------

If you would like to email her and hear her story of what it was like down there I am sure she would be happy to share some stories, drop her an email at tigger1trs@hotmail.com , she can tell you will help you see how great the need is.

Tracey, we are so proud of you! RSD doesn't mean we can't do anything, it just means we have to do things differently!

All of us at RSDHope are proud of you and of all of the RSD patients volunteering all over the country in the rescue efforts.

Keith
byrd45
byrd45
Admin

https://rsdoutreach.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down