RSD Outreach awareness

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

RSD Outreach awareness
RSD Outreach awareness
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RSD In the News : FWD:RSD World News-SCS a patient's view cont.

Go down

RSD In the News : FWD:RSD World News-SCS a patient's view cont. Empty RSD In the News : FWD:RSD World News-SCS a patient's view cont.

Post  byrd45 Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:34 pm

I have received a further email from the person who sent the previous one. You probably know I do not normally post emails on this site. However I do think that this subject IS important and it must be from the amount of feedback I have received on the subject. Most of it confirms what was said, but in order to see both sides of the argument I will be only too pleased to publish anyone's positive (long lasting) experiences with SCS.
Here is the second email, published on the understanding that neither the writer not myself are experts on the subject.
Tony
------------<WBR>---------<WBR>---------<WBR>---------<WBR>---------<WBR>---------<WBR>---------<WBR>---------<WBR>---------<WBR>---------<WBR>---------<WBR>-------

Tony,

Thanks for passing this on to your readers. You are certainly welcome to post this on your site if you would like to do so. I am sure there are others who have gone through the same dreadful experience that I did. I know there are those who have had some benefit from the procedure, but I also believe that it will just be a matter of time before it goes south on them and the pain may "come back with a vengeance". The fact is that the use of an SCS is considered a viable solution for pain control for those of us who suffer from RSD, and I also believe it is done far too routinely. In my opinion the use of it once would be too many.

When I read Dr. Hooshmand's articles they really hit the nail on the head for me. It is impressive to read about what you have just experienced after it has been done. Unfortunately I read them after the damage had been done instead of before.

I hope your publication of my experience will encourage others to post their experiences as well. Maybe the word will spread that Spinal Cord Stimulators can be very dangerous and extremely harmful for RSD patients. I am not sure what the size of your mailing list is, but even if you only reach one person and that person decides not to chance using an SCS, then rest assured my friend, you have done very well.

As an aside, I remember talking with another anesthesiologist (the doctor who did my procedure was an anesthesiologist) and he said that he believed I would have ended up as bad eventually anyway regardless whether I had the SCS procedure or not. Bunk!!!! "Birds of a feather flock together." There is no question in my mind that the procedure made my condition much worse and that I would not have ended up where I am now had I not had it done. I am in a wheelchair as I said previously, confined to a couch most of the time, and extremely limited in what I can and cannot do. High levels of pain are a constant companion. I have help and support fortunately and a God that loves me. (He also has a sense of humor) J I am very grateful for that.

I would like to commend you for your work in getting the message out about RSD. You have managed to circulate an unbiased presentation of facts and opinions from many different disciplines. I have passed some of the information you distribute to my doctor and I know he has benefited from it as well. You are doing a great service to those of us who suffer from RSD. Keep up the good work. If there is any other thing I can do, please let me know.
byrd45
byrd45
Admin

https://rsdoutreach.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down