RSD Outreach awareness

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

RSD Outreach awareness
RSD Outreach awareness
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RSD In the News : FWD:RSD World News-SCS implant a readers view response

Go down

RSD In the News : FWD:RSD World News-SCS implant a readers view response Empty RSD In the News : FWD:RSD World News-SCS implant a readers view response

Post  byrd45 Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:35 pm

Jim Pierson was kind enough to email me with his daughters experiences on the subject. It is copied below with his permission. He also makes a point that I too agree with when he states-- "I have learned after dealing with this terrible disease for the last 5 years that different people react differently to the varied treatments available. There are two secrets to fighting RSD. First realize that every doctor has their pet treatments and second that if the treatment doesn't work, try something else."
Thanks Jim
Very true
Tony
------------<WBR>---------<WBR>---------<WBR>---------<WBR>---------<WBR>---------<WBR>---------<WBR>---------<WBR>---------<WBR>---------<WBR>---------<WBR>---------

Hi Tony,

I let the first email pass as there are always more than one side to a story. Can't let the second go however.
My 19 year old daughter was diagnosed with RSD (Complex Regional Pain Syndrome) when she was 15 years old. She had been suffering with the constant pain that started when she was 14 in her ankle and spread to involve her entire lower extremities and the lower back.
Children's hospital in Dallas finally got the diagnosis correct immediately sent her to Dr. Lou at the pain center associated with Southwestern Medical School. Multiple injections into the spinal cord later and no progress being made we were virtually told that the only thing that would work would be a morphine pump.
Not willing to do that to anyone, let alone our daughter, we continued to explore alternatives and found out about SCS, through RSD Hope and your RSD-World News.
Our daughter has had the implant for 18 months and aside from the remote control acting up a couple of times she has had no problems. In fact it has worked so well that in August 2007 she presented us with a granddaughter.
While she still maintains a 3-5 pain level, she is managing very well and with the exception of tiring she leads an active and productive life.
So I'm afraid I couldn't disagree more with your poster. I have learned after dealing with this terrible disease for the last 5 years that different people react differently to the varied treatments available. There are two secrets to fighting RSD. First realize that every doctor has their pet treatments and second that if the treatment doesn't work, try something else.

Please feel free to post this as my response.

Jim Pierson
byrd45
byrd45
Admin

https://rsdoutreach.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down