RSD Outreach awareness

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

RSD Outreach awareness
RSD Outreach awareness
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RSD and Car Travel and Vibration Problems

Go down

RSD and Car Travel and Vibration Problems Empty RSD and Car Travel and Vibration Problems

Post  byrd45 Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:08 pm

Recommend Delete Message 1 of 2 in Discussion

Recommend Delete Message 1 of 7 in Discussion

From: <NOBR>byrd45</NOBR> (Original Message) Sent: 7/6/2005 12:23 PM
Hi Everyone,
This week I thought it would be interesting to discuss how riding in the car affects us and our RSD. I have had alot of problems riding or driving in the car due to the vibrations setting off my RSD. The farther I go the worse it becomes. If I am the one driving it is even worse from my arms and neck having to move as well. At this point, because of the delay in getting a treatment, I have had to stop being a driver because of all the problems with my right leg(reaction delays and numbness). Even before my leg got so bad I couldn't drive for longer than fifteeen minutes because of all the pain and problems in my arms and neck. Now I am purely a passenger and still this is horrible due to the vibrations in the car. Any trip longer than 20 minutes makes me sick. My pain levels go through the roof I get nauseous dizzy and it really is frustrating to me. We have not gone on a vacation in four years due to my inability to travel. That makes me feel so sad for my kids, but luckily my family understands and even when I tell them to go without me they won't. Most people can't understand when you tell them you can't visit them because they live to far away and the vibrations during the car ride make you sick.RSD and it's affects to our nervous system are a very complex thing and it is confusing to most people. Many times I feel confused too and I hate the limitations it imposes on all of us. At this point I have learned what I can still do and what things are beyond reach at this time. Although my life does have many limitations I still try my best to stay hopeful and enjoy the things I am able to do. Do you find driving or riding in the car (or both) cause your RSD to flare? If you have any experiences you would like to add or any comments about RSD and the vibrations problems from traveling just add it to this post. As always I would love to hear your input.
Love,
Robyn

First Previous 2 of 2 Next Last Delete Replies

Recommend Delete Message 2 of 2 in Discussion

Recommend Delete Message 2 of 7 in Discussion

I hardly ever go anywhere anymore because riding in a car hurts!! I feel every vibration and most times every single bump in the road too!!! If it's any longer than 20 or 25 minutes my pain just gets worse.
I don't like not being able to even go to the store or much of anywhere now, but James does everything now and doesn't complain. I feel bad, but am so lucky he understands and won't push it.

Love and Hugs,
Karen J

Recommend Delete Message 3 of 7 in Discussion

When we travel I have found that re positioning my seat (we have bucket seats ) 2 or 3 times during the trip helps allot .We also have heated seats so the heat also helps .Also when we stop for gas I usually get out and stretch some .When I drive I wear my arm braces that and that seems to help .
hugs
glenda

Recommend Delete Message 4 of 7 in Discussion

WOW, that is how I have become especially when i would be driving. My arms and hands would feel every vibrationo of the vehicle and my car is a smooth riding car. I cannot even ride in my sisters mini anymore because it vibrates all over and I get really sick. dizzy and vomiting feeling. Kinda like the flu feeling hit me all of a sudden. (weird). I was wanting to ask anyone if they have noticed if they do any phycial activity you become sore,,like if you worked out hard. I have noticed if i do too much i get this feeling all over my body. And the muscle spasms become really bad all over. AM I the only one who gets this..so scary...But yes vibration is soo bad.

Recommend Delete Message 5 of 7 in Discussion

No, Steph you're definetly not the only one! My only transpo nowadays is
either my caregivers ancient car or the bus! I can't stand the ride in
either! which is one of the reasons why I never go out! I have had RSD for
7 years now and it's full body! I can't even take a shower anymore without
getting physically ill! Any exertion is taxing on my body. I'M sure tired
of throwing up!!!
Mar

Recommend Delete Message 6 of 7 in Discussion

Hello...and yes I have this problem, but I thought it was just me. I went to the grocery store and now I fell nauseas all over and I am having lots of pain in my neck. I thought it was just me. I am so sorry you have all the pain and you are not alone...Tammy

Recommend Delete Message 7 of 7 in Discussion

Hi Steph,Mar and Tammy,
You are not alone that is for sure! I thought I was alone with the nauseousness! I didn't know other people were having this too. It is terrible for sure! I haven't felt so sick to my stomache except when I have morning sickness. At least then I knew something wonderful would happen and it wasn't for the whole pregnancy either. Now it is anytime I step in the car or walk or exert myself in anyway. A shower is rough on me too. I feel like I just went through an olympic event especially if I wash my hair too. I was having the muscle spasms all the time until I started taking Zanaflex which luckily has reduced this problem so much for me.Man I am sorry everyone is having this too it is really terrible!
Love,
Robyn
byrd45
byrd45
Admin

https://rsdoutreach.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down