RSD Outreach awareness

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

RSD Outreach awareness
RSD Outreach awareness
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi My Name Is Vallerie and this Is My Story

Go down

Hi My Name Is Vallerie and this Is My Story Empty Hi My Name Is Vallerie and this Is My Story

Post  byrd45 Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:38 pm

From: Katiedid2256 (Original Message) Sent: 8/29/2005 1:26 PM
hi, my story started on 03\18\03 iwas manager of a hotel for 8 years was there a total of 14 years it was my baby i worked 60 to 80 hours a week.maintance man needed help one and i tryed to help him lift a grinder,and tore my bycep tendon.seen surgeron,had it repaired on 04\10\03.was to be back to work in 6 weeks.4 months later i had frozen shoulder sydrome.could not use my arm luckly i could talk to wc nurse i had talk to then over the years when some one got hurt at work.ask her to please get me some help.she got me in to see another surgeron.on 0915\03 the new dr.done local blocks ordered,after 3 vists he said he could not help me anymore had shoulder mulapitaion,ordered mris and blocks at local hospital,after 6 blocks he refused to do any more,back to surgeron and i have to thank god i got a dr that would not quit untill he got me a answer.after nerve test,heat scans and about ten other test.i was told i have rsd.was put on neurontin,more pain pills,my dr told me he would work with wc and try to get me to pain managment dr he knew about 3hours away from where i lived he said he was the best around for rsd.on 02\18\04 was sent to dr witt he was great told me we had to hit this hard it had went on to long and it was spreading fast after 36 nerve blocks,neurontin 3200mgs,amitriptyine 50mgs,antenolol 25mgs,lidoderm 5 .3 patches ,loritab,oxicion,and a lot of other pain meds.on 03\01\04 i had a scs inplanted on 04\26\04,inplant removed.severe spasams infection,leads got entangled.on 06\13\04 put in hospital for morphine pump trial on 07\26\04 had morphine pump inplanted.i now take nexium50mgs a day becouse of damage done by pain meds.i have had pump removed and replaced 4 times in a year that i have had it(it comes out of pocket they made for it becouse of spasams,infections,flips over they had to put it up high cause iam short waisted)iam now waiting on court date for wc it was set for 08\09\05 but they got some thing called a 60\30\15.so it will be a 105 more days,i now have whole body rsd, iam having a lot of trouble walking go to dr on 09\06\05 dont know what will happen will up date.thanks vallerie

First Previous 2-3 of 3 Next Last Delete Replies

Recommend Delete Message 2 of 3 in Discussion

Hi Vallerie,
I too am dealing with full body RSD that came from a work related injury. My arms were injured which started the RSD and from there it has spread to full body. Mine happened four years ago and I am still out of work unable to return. It is such a rough adjustment for all of us. I am so sorry for all the pain and frustration you have been through. I know how sad it is to have to be in the hospital so many times and have to take so many meds just so you can get out of bed in the morning.Keep us updated and hopefully things will turn out just how you want them too. I hope for lower pain levels for all of us and someday a cure.Talk to you soon!
Love,
Robyn

Recommend Delete Message 3 of 3 in Discussion

Hi Vallerie,
Wow you have been through so much in such a short time, your mind body and soul must be spinning! I will keep you in my prayers and hope your pain levels can get to a manageable level soon. I also hope your WC settles with you and doesn't drag it out all that time, they don't realize that all that added stress only makes your physical pain worse! Hang in there and stay strong!
Eileen
byrd45
byrd45
Admin

https://rsdoutreach.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down