RSD Outreach awareness

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

RSD Outreach awareness
RSD Outreach awareness
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Airee's Story

Go down

Airee's Story Empty Airee's Story

Post  byrd45 Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:14 pm

Recommend Delete Message 1 of 2 in Discussion

From: airee4199 (Original Message) Sent: 6/22/2006 9:07 PM
I was diagnoised with RSD March 1995, On December 19, 1994 I was crushed between pallets at work, the pressure was so great that I blacked out and when I came to I had about 800 lbs. on my left foot. I went through a lot before I was diagnoised three months later. As a lot of you have probably experienced; I went through 15 epidurals, 3 sympathitic blocks and alot of physical therapy and nothing seemed to work. I finally had a DCS implanted in '95' and had to have it removed three years later because it was causing me more pain. I ended up having a sympathectomy and it seemed to help for awhile but recently I was diagnoised with whole body RSD which was a total shock. I also have fibromyalgia and spinal stenosis on top of the RSD.

First Previous 2 of 2 Next Last Delete Replies

Recommend Delete Message 2 of 2 in Discussion

Hi airee,
Great to have you here and thanks for sharing your story with us. Wow you sure have been through your share of it and I am so sorry you have had to go through all that. I know what it is like to have full body, fibro, and stenosis so if you ever need to talk or a shoulder to lean on I am here for you. Feel free to email me if you have any questions about any of it. I will be happy to share any knowledge I have with you. I remember how I felt when they told me I had full body. It was horrible! I remember saying to my husband I guess I don't have worry if it will spread anymore and then I just broke down and cried. I was so devastated. I am handling things a whole lot better these days. You have to take a while to live with it and get over the fear and once I realized I wasn't a ticking time bomb things started going better for me. You just can't let it take over and dictate your life at least that is what has helped me. It is a tough shock at first though and takes a bit to get used to. It will get easier as you go just keep looking toward the future.Talk to you soon!
Love,
Robyn
byrd45
byrd45
Admin

https://rsdoutreach.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down