RSD Outreach awareness

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

RSD Outreach awareness
RSD Outreach awareness
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello and Thank You For Letting Me Join......Charmain's Story

Go down

Hello and Thank You For Letting Me Join......Charmain's Story Empty Hello and Thank You For Letting Me Join......Charmain's Story

Post  byrd45 Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:40 pm

From: Cj-twins2 (Original Message) Sent: 8/23/2005 10:04 AM
My name is Charmain and this is my story.

I am a full time mommy to 5 children, a few months after my 2nd set of twins were born I went to dinner with a friend, her family, and my 4 youngest children. My husband was working so he was not there. When we first got to the restaurant (buffet style) I went to the salad bar to get small hand foods for the babies that were 8 months or so. Well, while on was walking I went sliding through a grease spill of some sort. I had one foot on carpet and the other on tile floor. Well my left foot when flying out from under me and needless to say, I my left hip was popped out of the socket, my left foot was severly sprained (couldn't walk on it) my back hurt bad and so did my neck and arm. I looked like a big pretzel on the floor.
At first I just had lots of pain, a hip that popped when I would walk, my left knee was messed up, and I had bad muscle spasm in my lower and middle back. After they did hip surgery and knee surgery - I had to go to therpy which hurt even worse because they push you to do way too much. Furthermore I was also getting spinal injections in my lower spine and hips. A period of about 7 months had gone by and nothingwas helping. Then one morning I went to get out of bed and could not stand up because of the pain. I could not be standing for more than a few moments before I collapsed crying with severe pain and burning all through my legs. I was having uncontrollable sezures through out my back and both legs. I was then put on so many medications that I could not even think or stay awake for more than a few minutes at any time. I was stuck in bed for approx. the next 3-4 months. They started demanding more test be run after about my 5th visit to the emergency room. We found out I had alot of nerve damange in my spine. Adventually, they tied all my problems into RSDS and said it would never leave but, I could go into remmission. Well I have not seen a remission yet but maybe someday. Mine started in left leg and then moved to right, then back, and now starting on my right arm. I hurt real bad all the time and most days I don't even want to get out of bed.
I am looking forward to talking to others about what we go through having this horid disease. Thank you again for letting me join, I am going to gaze the site you all have put together.

Charmain

First Previous 2-3 of 3 Next Last Delete Replies

Recommend Delete Message 2 of 3 in Discussion

Hi Charmain it is great to have you here with us! I just read your story and am so sorry to hear what happened to you. I hope for remission to someday and that does keep me going alot of times. I think the way our lives have changed in an instant and the unrelenting pain are the hardest things about this disease. Have they managed to get your seizures under control? I have been living with RSD for four years and mine started in both arms. Now it has spread to full body,but I will never give up the hope for the future. Remission is a possibility for all of us and I am glad that you remain hopeful. I look forward to getting to know you and welcome!
Love,
Robyn

Recommend Delete Message 3 of 3 in Discussion

Hi Charmain, Your story sounds so familiar to all of us. It seems we all have had to go through long periods of pain (mine was 3 yrs), before someone finally tells us what it is. The unfortunate part is then they tell you it won't go away. We are all in the process of trying hit or miss with meds and treatments and we all share the same hope for a remission and/or a cure. We all know how you feel and will be here to try and help out when you need it........we all understand the pain and despair. Keep up the spirit with good thoughts of the day the pain eases and life returns to a semi-normal pattern. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family!
Eileen
byrd45
byrd45
Admin

https://rsdoutreach.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down