RSD Outreach awareness

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

RSD Outreach awareness
RSD Outreach awareness
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FWD:RSDHope-Immune System Boost

Go down

FWD:RSDHope-Immune System Boost Empty FWD:RSDHope-Immune System Boost

Post  byrd45 Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:49 am

RSD In the News : FWD:RSDHope-Immune System Boost
Choose another message board
Prev Discussion Next Discussion Delete

Recommend Delete Message 1 of 1 in Discussion

Boost Your Immune System with Probiotics and Inulin

by Vicki Koenig, MS, RD, CDN
At this time of year, any extra insurance for keeping ourselves healthy is welcome. The active cultures (probiotics) and inulin in Stonyfield Farm yogurt can provide a healthy boost to our immune system.

The benefits of probiotics

Stonyfield Farm yogurt has 6 live active cultures, which can benefit our immune system in several ways.

Probiotics create a barrier effect in the intestinal tract and crowd out pathogens such as Salmonella and others. This helps strengthen the intestine's line of defense, preventing allergens and pathogens from getting into our bloodstream.

Probiotics compete for nutrients with pathogens, thereby inhibiting their growth.

Some probiotics secrete anti-microbial substances known as bacteriocins. These are like natural antibiotics, which fortify our body's immune response against pathogenic bacteria.

FOR THE REST OF THE STORY, CLICK HERE;
http://www.rsdhope.org/Showpage.asp?PAGE_ID=139

(for a personal touch to this story, I used to have GI problems due to all of the pain medication I take. I started drinking one of the yogurt shakes each night when I went to bed, full of probiotics, and within a week those problems stopped! I am a believer now Smile Your results may vary of course.
Keith
byrd45
byrd45
Admin

https://rsdoutreach.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down