RSD Outreach awareness

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

RSD Outreach awareness
RSD Outreach awareness
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FWD: RSDhope and RSDSA- RSD letter to help raise awareness

Go down

FWD: RSDhope and RSDSA- RSD letter to help raise awareness Empty FWD: RSDhope and RSDSA- RSD letter to help raise awareness

Post  byrd45 Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:47 pm

Awareness Ideas : FWD: RSDhope and RSDSA- RSD letter to help raise awareness
Choose another message board
Prev Discussion Next Discussion Delete

Recommend Delete Message 1 of 5 in Discussion

BROCHURE FOR PARAMEDIC'S AND OTHER FIRST-RESPONDER'S

The RSDSA has written a simple one-page letter that can be distributed to your local hospitals and given to your local EMT's that describes some precautions to take when handling an RSD patient. It is very well done. It is a great resource for "First-Responders". Here is a short note from Jim Broatch from the RSDSA describing it and he shares the webpage where you can download a PDF file of the letter and asked us if we would share it with our readers.

Keith,
American RSDHopw

-------------

A chance to be an advocate in your community

In the summer issue of the RSDSA Review, we published a letter from two Massachusetts paramedics who asked for more information about CRPS/RSD. The well-meaning paramedics, responding to a possible overdose call, had misconstrued their patient as a "stereotyped heroin addict/end stage patient with AIDS." They had never heard of CRPS/RSD and were perplexed about her inability to tolerate a blood pressure cuff on her arm or her reluctance to go outside in the wind.

Since the letter's publication, a number of individuals have approached local first responders to educate them about CRPS/RSD. Helga Cracolici of Tappan NY sent information to her police department and they have shared it with local paramedics and the volunteer Ambulance Corps.

RSDSA has developed an inpatient hospital protocol that is available at our website. Please adapt it as needed. (http://www.rsds.org/4/resources/pdf/hospital%20protocol_bw.pdf)

courtesy of the RSDSA

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First Previous 2-5 of 5 Next Last Delete Replies

Recommend Delete Message 2 of 5 in Discussion

I CAN NOT SEEM TO FIND THIS FOLLOWING THE LINK, I CLICKED ON EVERY THING ON THE PAGE HAS ANYONE HAD ANY LUCK WITH THIS? I DO NOT KNOW MY WAY AROUND THE PUTER EITHER SO THAT MAY BE THE PROBLEM. ANY HELP WOULD BE APPREICIATED
THANKS DIANA

Recommend Delete Message 3 of 5 in Discussion

Hi Diana,
(http://www.rsds.org/4/resources/pdf/hospital%20protocol_bw.pdf Try this the other link wasn't a live one sorry about that Didn't mean to confuse anybody.
Love,
Robyn

Recommend Delete Message 4 of 5 in Discussion

THANK YOU SO MUCH ROBIN I LOOKED EVERY WHERE FOR THIS THING GOD BLESS DIANA

Recommend Delete Message 5 of 5 in Discussion

Hi Diana,
You are welcome! Hope it helps and talk to you soon!
Love,
Robyn
byrd45
byrd45
Admin

https://rsdoutreach.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down