RSD Outreach awareness

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

RSD Outreach awareness
RSD Outreach awareness
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Social Security Help

Go down

Social Security Help Empty Social Security Help

Post  byrd45 Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:22 am

Recommend Delete Message 1 of 2 in Discussion

From: <NOBR>Rittlemom1</NOBR> (Original Message) Sent: 5/15/2006 10:16 AM
I must share this with all of you and those to come. This Company Allsup Inc. works strictly to get SS for their clients. I used them after recomendation and and got mine within a year and the first time I applied. It was all done over the phone and by this group. I did almost nothig myself. Their fee is the usual 1/4 of flat settelmet portion which I felt was well worth it. you can contact these people by phone 618-234-8434 or www.allsupinc.com or fax 618-236-5537 I will tell you I was very amazed by the job these people did while I sat back and did almost nothing . If I can answer any other questions for you ,feel free. Good luck, Kathy

First Previous 2 of 2 Next Last Delete Replies

Recommend Delete Message 2 of 2 in Discussion

I'm glad to hear of a good recommendation. I currently am on SSDI. I started out using Binder and Binder. My guess is many of you have seen their ads. I saw one of their ads during an incredibly painful, sleepless night. At 3am I called them. I had filed for SS but had been turned down several times. An operator took down my name and number and asked if I was involved in any law suits. I guess basically they wanted to know if was in the habit of suing people for an income. The next week someone called me back. That person asked me several question, none of them had to do with RSD or my health. I found that odd. But they assured me they would be successful if at all possible. Months would go by and I would hear nothing. By this time I was no longer able to work. Income was basically nil. As many of you have undoubtedly experienced, once the income stops the bills do not. At first the calls were monthly, then weekly and finally daily. I started calling Binder and Binder, first monthly, then weekly…well you get the idea. A year and a half later I got a call from the regional SS office. A helpful gentleman there explained that my file was in limbo due to a missed filing date. A date Binder and Binder had been notified of and should have known about. The helpful person at SS explained that if I wrote an appeal to the ALJ explaining with “just cause” why I had missed the filing/appeals dates. I contacted B&B immediately. They had no answers. In fact at one point they couldn’t find my file. One assistant called me back and asked how long I had been blind. My eye sight is not and has never been an issue. I wrote the SS ALJ an explanation explaining I had no idea there even were deadlines being missed. He agreed it wasn’t my fault and scheduled a hearing. I contacted a local SS attorney he set up a meeting with me, obtained my medical records and agreed to take my case. The hearing went my way. Basically the judge read through the records and looked at my foot, the whole hearing took less then 20 mins. A month later I received his ruling- entirely in my favor. According to the staff at SS and my new attorney I could have had that hearing nearly a year earlier.

My advice? Stay away from Binder and Binder. If you’re from the Northwest, Portland Or I could recommend Martin Cohen.
byrd45
byrd45
Admin

https://rsdoutreach.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down