RSD Outreach awareness

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

RSD Outreach awareness
RSD Outreach awareness
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FWD:RSD and Hobbies do they help your pain levels?

Go down

FWD:RSD and Hobbies do they help your pain levels? Empty continued......

Post  byrd45 Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:51 pm

Recommend Delete Message 16 of 19 in Discussion

Liz, they eat the goats out here for red meat. I doubt I will be doing it anytime soon as I know goats are gross, smell and I doubt they taste good. If I ever try it I will let you all know.

We were out back today and found the first snake shed. It's sun bleached some but there are no nubs on it for a rattler. Its a baby but I have not figured out what kind yet. I brought the skin in and have it right in front of me trying to find the closest patter to it I can. If I can not figure it out I may take it to the science teacher and Gary's school and see if they can figure it out.

The house and pasture are about an acre and a half inside Forsan city limits but the other 21 and half are in county. The town has less than 400 people in it and the only big things here are the Baptist church and the school other than that there is nothing here.

I love cactus but when you see the pictures I am going to take out back you will see what I mean and they have got to go. The spray to kill them is $150 a gal and it is concentrated.

Wild pigs are just that. In AZ they call them javalina. Here it's just wild pigs. They get lose from farmers and adapt to the heat and go wild with huge teeth, their eyes look red if you catch it right. You can hear the tusks clicking together at night and you can hear them out back but you just can not see them. They are eating the red fruit off the cactus and the seeds are in their waste they leave behind and that spreads cactus. The red tops or fruit of the cactus is used for jelly and jams. A woman from the church makes it I offered to give her all she wants from the cactus out back but so far she has not said if she wants me to go collect them. At this point I have my idea of how to get them and not pick needles out of me for years.

The cat I talked about is a bob cat or a mountain lion. No fresh prints to tell me for sure. With the shot I have been taking tracking out back has become fun and I remember how to do it. Rancie at my side I'm brave and feel like trying just about anything because I know he will take care of me if I fall. When he is not home I am leary of going outside the fence even into the pasture. I got to clear out the fence row and fix the fence where the pig tore a 3' x3' hole in it. I have to help Rancie put up a gate accost the cattle gate because someone has been driving a dully back there and throwing beer bottle out and if I catch that varmint it is not going to be pretty.

A cattle gate is where you dig a trench and put down a pipe bridge that cows will not cross because it is not a smooth surface. It's used out here in the open range to keep from having to put up so many gates from one field to another.

Trust me when I say you do not want a farmer. They never are around that part is true. It might be nice to date one but I would not want to be involved with one. If I get a few cows for the freezer you can bet 90% of my days will be out with them making sure to watch for prints of prey animals and if they are close that means I get to spend my nights out back with the night vision and try to take it down before it eats them. A donkey would help protect them so would a mean dog.

Walmart 18 pack of eggs is almost 5 dollars. Thought about having chickens for eggs but there are fox that would come up and eat them. When Shelby was little she was attacked by one and she still has the scars on her head where it got her so I do not want to add to her nightmares when she comes for summers.

I am not sure how long Rancie will be home. I think he said 10 or 11 days because we have some things we have to get done that is going to take him doing. Like he has to call and evict the 2 non working well pumps out back. I'll take a picture so you know what I mean. They were told when we bought this place to pack up and clear out. I can not fight this one because the loan for the house is in his name only so legally it is his house and land. We also have to try and get a bumper on the semi some 2 week wonder took half it off at the truck stop when they pulled out. Rancie will not be out as long this time he always is home for Christmas. The only year he was not was the year I was with him.

I know snakes because we had Shaunzee for 9 years she was my ball python and spot was a calking snake but I could never hold her with out getting bite so that thing did only get fed. Rancie just called me out he was checking the fence with the night vision and we found one of the big bucks the thing has a big rack and is taller than my car and wider that my front end. The head was about as high as the hood on the kenworth. Can not wait to get a picture of it in the day for everyone.

Hope you had a good weekend. ((HUGS)) Shellie

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Be a better pen pal. Text or chat with friends inside Yahoo! Mail. See how.

Recommend Delete Message 17 of 19 in Discussion

Hi Shellie

WHat great stories about the farm. Yuk,I dont think Id eat goat either.That is just gross. Can you raise chickens to eat?They are smelly too though,well,all the poo is.The wild pig sounds downright scary.Take us some pics.They would be fun to look at.

I never heard of jelly from cactus nor did I know they had fruit on them.I just seen cactus in a store that people use for house plants and they are small.

Im glad Rancie will be home for a while.Will you have to cook thanksgiving dinner.I gotta cook it.Someone has to put the turkey in the oven.Its 20 pounds and I cant lift that much weight.My wrist is so sore anymore.My oldest son that moved back just loves turkey.I eat a little for thanksgiving dinner and after that I only want the dressing and cranberries.I love dressing.I will make a bunch of that.

Im really tired anymore,no energy whatsoever.I dont sleep good at night.I dont take naps but I just get so tired of hurting.

I guess I will go.Take care.
love and gentle hugs liz

Recommend Delete Message 18 of 19 in Discussion

Liz, is it joint pain like they have fused, arthritis like ? With that in mind can you tell if it is the RSD pain or the joints that comes with it? My ankle felt like it was fused. I could not move it and if I took a step that made it bend it sent me into orbit. I also have spinal cord damage and it pinches the nerves in my neck and lower back. I am allergic to most meds so when I got this shot I was terrified that with Rancie being gone and my luck I would have a reaction and not be able to get to the hospital in time. I had a great relief when I did not have an allergy attach and I thank God for the shot.

With all the meds and mental up and downs from our pain and lets face it holidays are depressing, no money, can not get home to see family. It adds to our pain. Call your doctor and see if they can give you this shot. It's decadron I get 2cc's a week and the doctor put me on a step down steroid to see if it would help the shot last longer than 4 days. I have had night and day difference with the shot. I can walk with little pain it helps with the RSD swelling for me. I could lift my arm and shave my gorilla arm pit. I can get dressed with out any help. I sit and stand straight again and as the shot wears off you see me age and start looking 90 again, hunched over, air even hurts again. I am starting to have spasms in my legs but I think it's because I am moving again. I have also noticed that the cysts in my breasts that were the size of the end of my finger are not as sore and they are shrinking they are not like cottage cheese feeling as much. I wore a bra a real one not the tang top with it built in. I have not worn one since 05 when the accident caused the nerves in my neck to be pinched. The migraine I have had since the accident is down to a pissy manageable headache. I can move my head some, better than it was. I can see things clear not blurred. I know that the shot is helping me. It is shrinking the inflammation in my spinal cord that has been pinching off the nerves. It is giving the nerves room to try and fire right again. I still have RSD and perm nerve damage but the pain is cut in half.

I can use my hand again. It's not what it was but I can zip a zipper and brush my hair. I can hold the dishes to wash them and have not broke one since I started the shots. I have motion back in my wrist. It's not 100% but it is better than the drawn up thing that could barely hold a pen to sign my name.

If decadron can help me it might help you. I know it's not a cure but I feel better and that helps the mental part and to me its a 4 day vacation from hell of RSD.

Rancie Does not like the shot in one way. While it is working I am the person I once was bouncing off the walls busy doing everything I can think of before the old woman comes back so I just remind him, remember life before RSD I never sat still I was always on the go. How in the world does he think my kids got how hyper they are? The kids have my drive and stubbornness. Gary since he hurt his back is slowing down and when he has over done he knows how I feel and it helps him understand the old woman part a little more of why we can not run and go shopping all the time why he has to help me.

Remember next time you call the doctor it's called DECADRON It may help.

It would be so nice if it helped someone else gain back some quality of life and less pain.

Love and ((((HUGS)))) Shellie

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Recommend Delete Message 19 of 19 in Discussion

Hi SHellie

Im glad the shot is helping.Its just when it wears off it will be hard on you not to have the movement but I would think to be able to do things even for awhile would be a blessing.It would be worth it.

My pain is the same pain Ive had all along ever since I broke my wrist.It started hurting immediately after I fell on it and then when I had it set the pain was so excruciating I thought Id die.I still remember he couldnt seeem to deaden it.It was horrible horrible pain.I lived on pain pills for a week,non stop.Then after my second week and still in pain my work place made me come back to work and work one handed. Talk about miserable.I would imagine there is some arthritis going on now but most of my problem is all the tenderness and purple discoloration on the underside of my wrist.plus i have lots of pain all up my arm too.yesterday i could barely walk as it seemed i couldnt put anykind of pressure on my hips.I am falling apart shellie.

Yeh,I have no money for the hlidays either.I havent heard from my lawyer ,not a single word .Im not settling for nothing .My life is changed 100 percent and no way I am working with one bad arm and one arm with carpal tunnel in my wrist.I still need to try to get disability but i no longer have a dr to go to,i called one but they said i need to see a neurologist. i have no insurance.wc dont want to pay for anymore medical.wish one of them would get this dreaded disease.

i gotta go.you take care.post the pics for us love and hugs liz

I meant the beginning of my third week.i think i was off 2 full weeks.
byrd45
byrd45
Admin

https://rsdoutreach.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

FWD:RSD and Hobbies do they help your pain levels? Empty continued.......

Post  byrd45 Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:51 pm

Recommend Delete Message 12 of 19 in Discussion

Hi Shellie,
I'm glad you enjoy reading too! I hope you enjoy those books that Rancie has for you. I am so glad that he is on his way home or probably home by the time you read this post. I hope you get some alone time together you both sure do deserve that. That is good you are finding out the duration time of the shot so you can work with your body and that way get the most pain relief possible with that medication. How is the things you are making for the baby coming? I hope they are coming along nicely and maybe as your daughter gets further along she will start to feel more bonded to this baby. I hope so but like you said she could always opt for adoption there is no shame in that and there are so many good families just crying out for a little one of there own. Maybe that is what is meant to be who knows right? I guess time will tell all but you are taking the smart route by keeping an open mind and not getting upset over the thought of adoption if she feels that has to be the way that would work best in the end. You always strike me as an open minded person anyhow so I'm not surprised you are handling things so well but I am real proud of you as your friend. All you can do is support her and be there for her whatever her decisions are afterall they are hers to make since she is grown and it is good you have that frame of mind. Alot of parents wouldn't they would be flipping out big time and damaging their relationship with their daughter in the meantime. You are a good mom and a smart one too. I hope you get some rain where you are soon it sure does sound like you need it. I'm glad that Gary is starting to do better and him taking a rest after school is good he needs that to finish healing. How are you doing? Is your bronchitus gone yet? I hope you are feeling better too or at least on your way to feeling better from it. Are you managing to rest a little? I hope so. Well enjoy your time with Rancie and talk to you soon!
Love,
Robyn

Recommend Delete Message 13 of 19 in Discussion

Hi Shellie

Hope you are enjoying your time with Rancie.And I agree with Robyn that as the baby is more a baby and its moving a lot then Im sure your daughter will bond with it and see things differently.Somehow God always provides a way for us.

Robyn,I suppose ebay can be called a hobby.The only fun part is going to yard sales and finding a good bargain. But washing it and measuring and doing descriptions is a lot of work.My son takes the pics and lists it. We was splitting the money but since his wife legt him in such a mess I dont have the heart to ask him for any money till he gets the checking built back up.She took his money that will be able for him to go to college plus work part time so hes in such a mess.i dont think he will ever take her back again after what she did.I feel sorry for him .I do miss her but it wasnt right what she did.Sometimes the ebay does ok and sometimes not. He sells stuff really reasonable.

Love and gentle hugs liz

Recommend Delete Message 14 of 19 in Discussion

Send us a direct link to his page for selling maybe he has something we need.

Blew the bank Rancie went to the gun shop and then took me to my toy shop home depot I got that belt sander I have been wanting to strip off the paint and finish it has a bag so I can catch most of the garbage. I almost had a hot gun to but they wanted 60 dollars for a glorified blow drier so I made them put it back it was in a spot that said 29. I am going to try to get a counter done while he is home to help me lift it and take it outside.

We got me a 410 to use for snakes out back and a AK47 to stop the wild pigs and the cat if it comes back. No sense in just making it mad with the 410 I needed dropping power. Rancie took us out back and made sure Gary and I could shoot them and let me tell you the kick in the 410 was close enough to the AK47 that if I need to grab a gun that will be the one I pick. I doubt I grab the .38 stub nose for anything again the kick on that was bad before I had problems with my arm and hand.

I still need a wagon to take the cactus from out back to the dumpster I am not going to waste my energy taking up one full pitchfork at a time. I also know to that there are some trees that have to be cut down. I have not lost my mind 100% yet. I asked Rancie about getting 2 cows and he said do I have a choice? He asked how I am going to feed them I said grain I can pick up a bag a week in the car. What he did not ask is how I planed on taking it to the butcher for the freezer. That I do not know if I can find someone to take them for me or not but I have till spring to cross all the lines so I know they are going to be freezer and not a pet. The kids have to know that and I have to get the cactus out so it does not hurt them. I can not cut some down because birds nested in them but I will get the ones down that do not house birds. I get 2 calf s and a donkey, providing I can clear the back and make it safe for them. Might even keep working on a few goats even though they stink I think Kelly will still let me use a few of hers because they ran out of room with all the babies they are having. It would help get the grass down for me and it would help them with the over population they are having. I do not want a zoo out here but I do want enough animals that they consider this farm exemption on taxes because with none the taxes on the house is 1205. and we were told that they removed all exemptions and back dated it to Jan because the Bailes lied saying they claimed homestead and over 65 so we have to pay the entire year with no deductions and take them to court for their fair portion of 8 months of the tax bill.

Love and (((HUGS))) to all

Be a better sports nut! Let your teams follow you with Yahoo Mobile. Try it now.

Recommend Delete Message 15 of 19 in Discussion

Hi SHellie

I like hearing you talk about your "farm".Its really neat.I dont see why you couldnt get a couple cows and a donkey and goats like you said and get exemptions for a farm. I take it you are not in what they call city limits. Geez, whats a wild pig and what kind of cat are you talkiing about.I would probably be too scared to go outside.So do you see lots of snakes?I guess you have cactus like we have trees.

If I had cows I wouldnt care if I had them for a couple weeks only,I would get attatched to them and couldnt have them killed. Maybe some slaughter places come pick them up for you or maybe the mayor knows someone who would haul them to be slaughtered for a small price.Would save you lots of money. SO what would the goats and donkey be for. Around here for some reason eggs are now about 2.00 a dozen. Are they that high in Texas.

My sons ebay id where he lists his stuff is sil_surplus.I dont know how you do a link to a page. The stuff he has on the pics didnt turn out good colorwise. the stuff looks much much better than the color in those pics .He has an expensive camera.I dont know what happened to the color.I know nothing about those digital cameras.He sells stuff really reasonable.Only thing he wont do returns unless its for a good reason. He had a problem with that.What really did him in is one time a lady wanted her money back as she didnt like the pants.so mark told her to send them back. well, when we got them it wasnt even a pair of pants he sent her.we would have never sold nothing like that on ebay.they were really crummy and faded. he sent her money back to keep her happy .we do sell what you call distressed destroyed jeans but they are boughten like that and sometimes we do run across a vintage pair of levis that are naturally destroyed,distressed.but he still sells stuff cheap.he ony ships by priority mail,except for books and stuff like that.WInter is almost here so there goes my rummage sales I like to go to.

How long does Rancie stay home before he goes out again. My oldest son wants me to go with him to the customer appreciation day dinner .He is working part time at a place that sells fertilizer and stuff to farmers and he says maybe i will find a nice divorced farmer .that would be nice. one of them told him lots of farmers are divorced cause they never have time for the wife,always farming. now thats the kind of man i want,one who is never around but takes care of me moneywise.I dont know when this dinner is.but i do think i am going with him.

you take care.love and gentle hugs liz
byrd45
byrd45
Admin

Back to top Go down

FWD:RSD and Hobbies do they help your pain levels? Empty FWD:RSD and Hobbies do they help your pain levels?

Post  byrd45 Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:49 pm

General : Weekly Discussion-RSD and Hobbies do they help your pain levels?
Choose another message board
Prev Discussion Next Discussion Delete

Recommend Delete Message 1 of 19 in Discussion

Hi Everyone,
How are you all doing? I hope your weekend went well and you are feeling pretty good today. It seems ever since the RSD has gone into my bowel and insides it has made things so much worse for me.I'm trying to look on the bright side though at least I am on the list and eventually they will call. Until then I will bide my time and keep distracting myself so Idon't think how far away it is. Since there is nothing I can do about it I am trying to keep busy with things that help keep my mind off the pain. My little kitty Lola is a Godsend that way she senses when I am at my worst and comforts me as young as she is and taking care of her and playing with her help me keep my mind off the pain. She is my little shadow and if she doesn't know where I am she cries until I say "over here baby" and she follows my voice and will cry till she finds me. She is just the sweetest thing!She is sleeping on me right now as I write to you.I also have been reading alot and playing with my sewing machine that my mom gave me for my birthday last year. It is the first one I have ever owned so I am learning as I go. I have been working on a crosstitch quilt for some time and have many of the patterns crosstitched already but have done the quilted part yet which will be alot easier with the sewing machine. I know with my RSD that doing the whole quilt by hand will be too much for me so I will do it on the machine. Anyway I figure it is a great way to keep my mind occupied for the cold months. That is what I did last year and then during May or June I will be ready to put it away again for a few months until it gets cold again. I'm making it for myself so there isn't a time limit anyway.Right now I just started a new block with a little bear boxer with a black eye that says champ on his shorts this will be my square representing my fight with RSD a little bruised but I'm still fighting hard and strong because I am a survivor. Each square means something important to me or is about someone important to me. They are all from this book 101 crosstitch bears and each is as cute as the last. Someday when I finish it I will use it on my bed I am making it kingsize to fit it. I promise when it is done to show you all pictures! Does anyone else have any hobbies they would like to share with the group?They are a great way to get past the pain! In the warmer weather I love to garden but I can't do much of that now that the weather is turning cold so I turn to my interests indoors. Another hobby I love is reading and my some of my favorite authors are Janet Evanovich, Steven King, Nora, Roberts, Sylvia Browne,Sandra Browne,Dean Koontz and those are a few anyhow. I also love to draw, paint and do almost anything that is creative especially photography which is what I went to college for that and illustration. I also love to watch movies spend time playing with my kitty and guinea pigs and listening to music. Well that is some of what keeps me busy in my spare time which there seems to be alot of these days what about you? What hobbies do you find help keep your mind active and busy and help keep your mind off your pain? If you would like to add your thoughts opinions or ideas just add on to this post.
Love,
Robyn

First Previous 5-19 of 19 Next Last Delete Replies

Recommend Delete Message 5 of 19 in Discussion

Hi Robyn

I would love to see your quilt when you are finished. When I was young my mom quilted by hand.She made a quilt with material from dresses I outgrew. After I moved away I washed it and didnt know you couldnt use bleach on colors so I ended up ruining my quilt that meant so much to me. Then it fell apart as I guess I used way too much. Its a good idea to make something that each square or whatever means something.Just dont bleach it .But Im sure you know better than that.

I dont know if you could call ebay a hobby.My son that moved back in does ebay.So in the summer I go to yard sales and church sales and find stuff for his ebay.Its a fun thing to do on fri and sat mornings.He pays me back and sometimes if he makes a lot i get some of the profit too.You just never know what you may find and Ive learned a lot about different things that people like to buy.My favorite sales are church or school sales. The prices are so reasonable and you can find the neatest stuff for ebay.Its just I was using his old room to store stuff. So I had to work fast to clean up his room.His wife left on a fri and he was back sat.I knew they had problems and always have. They had no kids.So I guess my hobby is finding stuff for ebay and looking on ebay to see what people actually buy.

Love to all
Liz

Recommend Delete Message 6 of 19 in Discussion

Hi Gillian and Tuppy

Your Tuppy sounds so special.Its amazing how an animal can sense when we feel bad. I brought in a cat that was outside and homeless and this cat just seems to be sense when I feel bad. It likes to sleep nest to my head on the pillow. It looks at me with sympathy when she knows Im hurting.They say animals have a sixth sense.

I used to read a lot but with 3 other people here it seems I am always washing dishes which is good exercise for my bad wrist and arm. Its just the pain is getting much much worse and my muscle spasms in my left side are coming back.everything is on my left side.I also like stephen king.He has really written some good books and i like his movies .

you take care
love and gentle hugs
liz

Recommend Delete Message 7 of 19 in Discussion

Hi Shellie

I have the da vince code book but never read it. Maybe i should.

I know what you mean about cutting off a body part.I feel that way about my arm all the time.I hope things work out with the pill.

SO how cold is it going to get in Texas.You guys used to always have warm weather but seems your climate is changing.Its been fairly warm in Illinois for this time of the year.

Love and gentle hugs
Liz

Recommend Delete Message 8 of 19 in Discussion

Our low today so far is 38. Were expected to be in the low 60's today. Then back in the 70's during the day and 40's at night. We have a chance of RAIN Friday but it has not rained in 2 1/2 months now and I worry about fires because there is no fire break between the back acres and the house.

I get my shot around 10AM Friday so by bedtime I should be able to sleep with less pain. Rancie will be home tonight he has been out far to long. He is 5 hours from home now and as soon as he gets loaded it's 75 all the way home. I have his clean clothes in the bathroom and towel and wash cloth all waiting. It will be nice to sleep in the bed tonight. I have to strip the bed because when he is not home I sleep on the couch and the dog sleeps in the bed. I do not want to sleep on dog hair tonight. I'm sure there is going to be a big fight over Coda thinks it's his bed. I should set up the roll a way bed but he needs to know he is a dog. Most nights I sleep 4 hours in bed then when I get up the 3 dogs take over my spot and sleep with daddy.

Well he is half loaded he will be on his way.

Have a great day!! (((HUGS))) Shellie

Get easy, one-click access to your favorites. Make Yahoo! your homepage.

Recommend Delete Message 9 of 19 in Discussion

Hi SHellie

I bet you will be glad when your Rancie is home safe.Yeh, I imagine the dogs wont be too happy about the bed not being theirs tonite. My dog isnt very big but she usually sleeps on my bed towards the foot under the covers.Then in the daytime she sleeps on the couch with her blanket.She likes having a blanket to sleep under.She is old so she sleeps a lot.

I am just so glad you have your own place now. Isnt it unusualy to have such low temps in texas?Hows your daughter doing,the one expecting?

Love liz

Recommend Delete Message 10 of 19 in Discussion

Liz, Rancie will be home in under 2 hours. He is 40 min from delivery in Midland and then a hour to get home. I can not wait, but I still need to rest a few minutes and then get into the shower. I think right now I smell worse than him. LOL I have been trying to get the last few things done so he knows I have really been working on the house since he has been out 2 months (7 weeks if you get technical) I need to clean 5 more cupboard doors in the kitchen and then it will be done. I got Gary's bathroom done today. I hate trying to comet out the tub but it's done and now it's up to him to keep it clean. That makes 2 room totally done and 4 still half done. I should run out and water my trees before I shower so I do not have to do that for a few days. That way I can devote all my attention to Rancie.

I talked to Carollee last weekend and with having 2 jobs and going full time college she does not have time for anything and the way she talked she does not have time for the baby or wants to take the time to slow down for it. She said she saw the tape of the birth of her brother so she does not need to bother taking time for lamas classes. I know the baby is a depo baby ops but if she is acting like that maybe she should look at adoption. She did not find out early enough for abortion. I do not believe in abortion for me but I am glad there is an option for one for the women and girls out there that feel it is their only option.

My middle daughter Breana is having a hard time. The place she worked closed doors firing everyone. She can not find a job and asked to come home. I told her I would try to send her the money but right now things are really hard on us to. Her dad will not let her move back in with him, so I am the only place and that leaves me trying to get her 1400 miles down to me.

Gary is doing better I think the bronchitis is breaking up out of his lungs at least he is acting better. He still has to lay down first thing after school to rest.He just got his school pictures in so I will have to scan it and add it to the pictures.

The weather down here is normal pretty much for winter. We usually do not get down in the 30's at night till Jan-Feb so maybe it means another cold winter. El Nina has not been a factor this year. We had a wet spring and summer so everything grew green and now that it has been months with out rain it crunches like straw and we have a red flag out for burning. That means not even a pit fire or open BBQ pit. I was really thinking of piling up all the cactus I have been able to cut out and put it in a 50 gal drum and torch it but the mayor said no because of the warnings so I have to get it to the trash, or leave it lay and hope it dies.

(((HUGS))) take care, Shellie

Recommend Delete Message 11 of 19 in Discussion

Hi Liz,
Sure that's a hobby! An interesting one too! Anything you do in your spare time that you find enjoyable and helps you pass the time is a hobby in my book. That's great that you found a hobby that puts a little pocket money in your pocket too! I love garage sales and used to go to them all the time too. I haven't been to one in awhile but it is a great place to find used books and many other things too. I usually like to look for used books, crosstitch kits, crosstitch magazines and pattern books,craft and art supplies, old cameras, and when the kids were small I would look for used toys and games. I've bought other things too but those are the main things I always looked for when I would go there.
Love,
Robyn
----- Original Message -----
To: RSD Outreach
Sent: Thursday, November 15, 2007 9:33 AM
Subject: Re: Weekly Discussion-RSD and Hobbies do they help your pain levels?

-----------------------------------------------------------

New Message on RSD Outreach

Message 5 in Discussion

Hi Robyn I would love to see your quilt when you are finished. When I was young my mom quilted by hand.She made a quilt with material from dresses I outgrew. After I moved away I washed it and didnt know you couldnt use bleach on colors so I ended up ruining my quilt that meant so much to me. Then it fell apart as I guess I used way too much. Its a good idea to make something that each square or whatever means something.Just dont bleach it .But Im sure you know better than that. I dont know if you could call ebay a hobby.My son that moved back in does ebay.So in the summer I go to yard sales and church sales and find stuff for his ebay.Its a fun thing to do on fri and sat mornings.He pays me back and sometimes if he makes a lot i get some of the profit too.You just never know what you may find and Ive learned a lot about different things that people like to buy.My favorite sales are church or school sales. The prices are so reasonable and you can find the neatest stuff for ebay.Its just I was using his old room to store stuff. So I had to work fast to clean up his room.His wife left on a fri and he was back sat.I knew they had problems and always have. They had no kids.So I guess my hobby is finding stuff for ebay and looking on ebay to see what people actually buy. Love to all Liz

To stop getting this e-mail, or change how often it arrives, go to your E-mail Settings.
http://groups.msn.com/RSDOutreach/_emailsettings.msnw

Need help? If you've forgotten your password, please go to Passport Member Services.
http://groups.msn.com/_passportredir.msnw?ppmprop=help

For other questions or feedback, go to our Contact Us page.
http://groups.msn.com/contact

If you do not want to receive future e-mail from this MSN group, or if you received this message by mistake, please click the "Remove" link below. On the pre-addressed e-mail message that opens, simply click "Send". Your e-mail address will be deleted from this group's mailing list.
mailto:RSDOutreach-remove@groups.msn.com
byrd45
byrd45
Admin

Back to top Go down

FWD:RSD and Hobbies do they help your pain levels? Empty Re: FWD:RSD and Hobbies do they help your pain levels?

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down