RSD Outreach awareness

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

RSD Outreach awareness
RSD Outreach awareness
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AWARENESS AND FUNDRAISER PROJECT WHICH CAN BE BIG AND START IN THIS GROUP

Go down

AWARENESS AND FUNDRAISER PROJECT WHICH CAN BE BIG AND START IN THIS GROUP Empty AWARENESS AND FUNDRAISER PROJECT WHICH CAN BE BIG AND START IN THIS GROUP

Post  byrd45 Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:01 pm

Awareness Ideas : AWARENESS AND FUNDRAISER PROJECT WHICH CAN BE BIG AND START IN THIS GROUP
Choose another message board
Prev Discussion Next Discussion Delete

Recommend Delete Message 1 of 9 in Discussion

From: Loritacush (Original Message) Sent: 9/1/2006 5:42 AM
Hi all,

So this is my idea. I would challenge this group to design something which could hopefully become a national and/or universal symbol for RSD/CRPS. It would need to be a symbol which could be made into a pendant, lapelpin, tietack, charm and/or keychain. They could be bought by surviors of RSD along with friends and family to help show support and help spread awareness. A portion of the proceeds would go to research funding or something similiar regarding RSD/CRPS.

Ok now how do we accomplish this? Pretty simple! First we come up with designs (this is the hard part) and then make a final decision. Ok now the easy part. My husband is a goldsmith and is very supportive of me with my RSD and everything which comes with it. So he is willing to make these and donate a portion of the proceeds. He has watched me suffer, listened to very negative predicted outcomes from Drs and seen first hand the way it affects my life and those around me. He works strickly with silver, white gold and yellow gold (oh also platnium). The design could be relatively simple or more complex. I think in designs trying to promote awareness, the simpler the better as it is more easily connected. Look around at other symbols/designs to promote awareness. It would need to be something both men and women would wear.

I feel awareness is a very important thing along with research and/or scholarships.

So what does everyone think?

Lorita

First Previous 2-9 of 9 Next Last Delete Replies

Recommend Delete Message 2 of 9 in Discussion

Hi Lorita,
I love this idea!!!! Are you serious because if you are consider me in! I am an artist and would love to help with the designing if you seriously want to do this. Tell you what you let me know what you need from me and the group and we will back you in this okay.Look forward to hearing from you!
Love,
Robyn

Recommend Delete Message 3 of 9 in Discussion

Great Idea

Im not an artist but often thought that we need something

Good Luck

Claimjump

Recommend Delete Message 4 of 9 in Discussion

Hello,
I just closed my eyes after I read this message and I seen 2 images;
1. Praying hands( saw a full body, but thought kids might be afraid of it.)with Flames around them and a bucket of water over top the hands. as to putting out the fire.
2. As a salute the Orsinis FAmily aka rsd.org.... A dragon, flame throwing in open hands (like the photos of Jesus as he reaches out)
3.or my last idea, just the simple words RSDS/CPRS in a heart, with lighten bolts going threw it or 4 bolts at the top of the heart
I can not draw them on the computer, but if you give me an adress I can draft it and then send it....
Hope you like the ideas..... Again send a postal address via my private e-mail http://groups.msn.com/RSDOutreach/messages.msnw And I'll draft it for you... GREAT IDEA
RSDKIMBA
AKA
KIMBERLY DEISSROTH

Recommend Delete Message 5 of 9 in Discussion

I think these are great ideas ,I am also not an artist all I can do is stick figures hehe but I would totally support the project
hugs
glenda

Recommend Delete Message 6 of 9 in Discussion

Hi all,
Yes we are serious about this. Though it will be a lot of work for hubby once we agree on a design he is 100% behind this. He will need to have a lot of input on the design as he will have to carve it in wax before he can invest, cast and everything else involved. Robyn and I have IM'ed some on this today. Sorry for not getting back sooner. Typing is always painful, it is just the degree of pain which changes and I know if I type I will end up in more pain when I quit. So know I am watching the boards and just waiting for a chance to post knowing I will not be able to use my hands later. Anyway this is why I do not get back right away. The ideas Robyn has mentioned and Kimberly has written are sounding good. Kimberly I will get around to sending you our address. Hopefully later today. Can you also scan and post so others in the group can see it? I would like the group involved as much as possible along the way. I would like the designs which hubby thinks are workable to be decided upon by the group.
Kimberly just some thought on what you put down. Remember these are my thoughts knowing what I know about the process. 1. the bucket maybe hard to do and hard to see, maybe the hands with flames. Can you draw both for dh?
2. we want detailed work and these will have to be carved out of wax. the dragon may be too much lets see the pics though
3. remember we are talking a pendent, a lot to get on one. I love the idea maybe draw one with all of the info and then one without the letters
I would suggest when you draw these to draw them in pendent, charm size and remember you are drawing on paper and these will have to be carved in wax and we want to keep the weight down on the wax in order to have cost lower to make the peices more affordable.
The ideas are all great, I love them!! Converting them to wax changes things unfortantaly. Draw them and dh can give his imput.
Hope everyone's day is as painfree as possible.
God Bless,
Lorita

Recommend Delete Message 7 of 9 in Discussion

Kimberly,
I hit the link you listed to send address to your private email and it took me to the message boards. I did it 3 times to make sure...lol. Am I missing something? Feel free to e-mail me at loritamickcush@aol.com and put RSD awareness/fundraiser project in the subject line.

Looking forward to seeing your drawings.
Lorita

Recommend Delete Message 8 of 9 in Discussion

Hi Lorita,
I have a sketch for the group to see and when I am feeling better I will scan it and we will really get the ball rolling on this fundraiser. I am sorry I got sick before we got a chance to get started.I didn't want you to lose hope or think I had forgotten or wasn't working on it on my end okay. Talk to you as soon as the bronchitus goes away. I posted about that on the general board. I have to go back and rest but wanted you to know I was thinking of you!
Love,
Robyn

Recommend Delete Message 9 of 9 in Discussion

Robin,
I totally understand. I myself have not had the energy to get and the pain has been high. Starting pain blocks tomorrow so hopefully they will help. Feel better and we can touch base soon.
God Bless,
Lorita
byrd45
byrd45
Admin

https://rsdoutreach.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down