RSD Outreach awareness

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

RSD Outreach awareness
RSD Outreach awareness
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Awareness opportunity to be in video project about RSD see in here for details

Go down

Awareness opportunity to be in video project about RSD see in here for details Empty Awareness opportunity to be in video project about RSD see in here for details

Post  byrd45 Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:52 pm

Awareness Ideas : Awareness opportunity to be in video project about RSD see in here for details
Choose another message board
Prev Discussion Next Discussion Delete

Recommend Delete Message 1 of 1 in Discussion

AMERICAN RSDHOPE UPDATE

ANNOUNCING THE RSD/CRPS VIDEO PROJECT 2006

By Brian James Media!

IT IS THAT TIME OF YEAR AGAIN!

TIME FOR A NEW VIDEO FOR EVERYONE TO TAKE PART IN!

DID YOU GET TO BE IN LAST YEARS?

DID YOU GET TO SEE IT?

DID YOU WANT TO BE IN IT BUT MISSED THE CUT-OFF DATE?

DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT? Ha ha.

Some of you may remember and/or took part in the 2005 RSD Video Project that was done by Brian James Video last year. It had a lot of RSD patients holding up WHITE POSTER BOARD SIGNS with a few sentences describing themselves and/or RSD.

The movie was called the "FACES OF RSDS" and a great many RSD organizations across the country helped make it happen. You can still view this Movie by visiting the following webpage;

http://www.brianjamesmedia.com/rsdsmovie.htm

It allowed people to see that we come from all walks of life and that RSD affects everyone at every stage. Brian James Media put it together and the video debuted at a benefit for American RSDHope held in Detroit, Michigan called ROCK THE MILL 2005! It was very touching and well received. After the Dinner/concert it was released on the website for all the world to see and download!

Well, Brian James decided that it was so successful and he had so much fun that he wanted to do another video this year!

When finished, it will premiere at THIS year's ROCK THE MILL 2006 BENEFIT in DETROIT, MICHGAN on JULY 15! (which by the way will be very cool, fun, and totally awesome so check out the details by going to

If you would like to take part in this year's VIDEO, check out the DETAILS below!

And please PASS this information around to any and every RSD patient you know. If you have any questions not answered here {except about geography as neither he or I are very good with geography} feel free to drop Brian an email themusicman22@msn.com

This is the same email address that all submissions must be sent to.

DETAILS FOR 2006 VIDEO

This year Brian decided to add a little PIZAZZ and also to give people THREE, count them, THREE, OPTIONS!

OPTION 1 - The Easiest! A simple postcard mailed in with a sentence, or two at most. 4x6 postcards are the ONLY size that will be used. What can you write? See below!

OPTION 2 - This option is what we did last year. Use a full size piece of posterboard with a line or two at the most, hold it up in front of the patient, and using a STILL-SHOT COLOR CAMERA take a picture of the patient. What can you write? See below

OPTION 3 - one 15-20 second video clip with the patient talking about RSD and how it has affected them, their lives, etc. PLEASE keep it to 15 0r 20 seconds. More than that will be cut. What can you say? See below!

What can the POSTER/POSTCARD say?

Use the KISS principle, Keep It Simple S., well, you know the rest.

Tell us in a line or two what you want people to know. Does RSD hurt? Did it affect your life? Your marriage? Your job? Does it impact your daily life? Your kids? How long have you had it? Things like that.

For instance; you could write things like "I've been burning for 15 years! Please help us!" or "" RSD/CRPS has ruined my marriage, career, and my life!" You want to reach out to the audience and touch their hearts, let them know the deep emotional and physical impact this disease has on us as patients, as spouses, parents, employees, and just basically the person next door to them.

Remember though, You must keep it to one or two lines! I know you can't possible cover all of that in just two sentences. But remember, there will be many, many others who will also be saying similar things so if you don't say it, have faith that someone else will. If you try and put four, five, and more sentences on there it becomes very difficult to read and the entire message is lost.

I learned from personal experience! If you check out the movie you will see mine in there and my poster is one that is hard to read because there are too many lines. You can read "RSD/CRPS Survivor, 31+ Years" I think, and then it is hard to make out the rest.

FAQ'S

Brian wanted to make sure everyone understood the following information very well so that we didn't run into any problems down the line. It will make his job much easier and in the end will make for a much better video which is what we all want. So please make sure when you forward this information to your fellow RSD patients and support group members that you include everything in this email.

A) Brian assumes that everything that is sent to him is available for him to use in the projects. He said "If they don't want it in, please do not submit anything."

B) Please take extra time to make sure the postcards and especially the Poster Boards are LEGIBLE. Last year there were several that you could not even read. If you are not sure, ask someone to check your picture BEFORE you submit it to Brian.

C) ALL submissions are to be sent to BRIAN, not to RSDHope or the RSDSA, and not to Tiffany who is doing the Fundraiser.

D) Brian's email address is themusicman22@msn.com ALL Video and Photo submissions MUST be sent to this email address. The postcards need to be sent to; Brian James; 550 E. Elmwood #302, Clawson, MI. 48017

E) Submissions will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. There is a limited amount of space available so get your submission in as early as possible since not everyone's will make it in, judging by the high submission rate last year.

F) Submissions will be accepted ONLY DURING THE MONTH OF APRIL. That means, and please read this a few times so there is no misunderstanding, anything that is not in Brian's inbox or in his postal mailbox by April 30th, 2006 will not even be considered for inclusion in the video. That also means you cannot start sending them in UNTIL April 1st.

Brian James Home Page can be found by going to

http://www.brianjamesmedia.com/home.htm

I hope we have anticipated all of your questions. If you still have some that weren't answered here, feel free to drop Brian a line at his email address above but remember, do not start sending submissions until APRIL 1st!

Thanks everyone and I look forward to seeing this one, with the three different types of submissions it should be very interesting and hopefully it will get picked up by some of the mass media out there!

PLEASE PASS THIS AROUND TO ALL OF YOUR SUPPORT GROUPS, WEB SITES, BULLETIN BOARDS, LISTSERVS, etc., quote it exactly please so there is no misunderstanding of the requirements. It will save a lot of problems and heartache Smile

GET YOUR SUBMISSION IN AS SOON AFTERR APRIL 1ST AS POSSIBLE FOLKS!

Peace, It is all we seek,
Keith

American RSDHope

For more information on RSD/CRPS turn your browser to;
http://www.RSDHope.org
byrd45
byrd45
Admin

https://rsdoutreach.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down